Saturday, August 6, 2011

Quick Update


Hey friends.

New York City consumed my life this summer. My internship as a copywriting intern kept me really busy, but I did find time to enjoy the city.

I won the Wicked lottery when my best friend + sorority sister came to visit me. Front row seats. $26.50 each. Well, I should say Meghan won the lottery. Either way, talk about an amazing experience. If you don't know what the Wicked lottery is, let me explain.

Wicked. Impossible to get reasonable tickets. Sold out for months. So, two hours before every show they give away 11 pairs of tickets. Two + half hours before the show, head over to Gershwin theater and put your name in the raffle. It doesn't matter what time you arrive, as long as you get your name in before the cut off. Then, 2 hours before the show, they start drawing names.

Yep, it was that easy. Make sure you bring cash. They don't take cards.

Book of Mormon also runs a similar lottery. And yes, after we won the Wicked matinee tickets we rushed over to Book of Morman after the show with huge heads and thought we would also win those tickets. :)

I'm currently in my hometown regrouping and gearing up for the job search. I'll be back in the city in a few weeks and hopefully gainfully employed soon after that. I love NYC, but there is something about sitting in your parents back yard drinking a Blue Moon that can't be beat by the big city.

Cheers!

BK

No comments:

Post a Comment