Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Good Eats: NYC


I like being an intern + I like going to lunch with the other interns. Sure, my grad school friends + I would drink beer in the middle of the day to calm our nerves about the all-nighter that awaited us, but going to lunch with the people you work with is different.

There are things that happen during the lunch hour. People act like themselves. They let loose, a little. They tell you something about their personal lives they might never say in the walls of the office. These people, or interns in my case, that you've been forced, and I mean that in a nice way, to work with for 8 weeks in the summer, become human. You don't look at them the same way you did on day one.

Can't wait to re-live this all over again when I find my first job. Which, by the way, I need. If you know anyone looking for a copywriter in NYC, send them my way.

So one of my favorite lunch spots is Lena: Latin Grill on 34th between 5th + 6th. The concept reminds me of Chipotle, but the food tastes way better.

1. choose your style
  • Burrito
  • Salad
  • Plate
2. choose your protein
  • Chicken
  • Steak
  • Fish
  • Tofu
3. choose your sauce
  • So many to pick from. I like pico + butter lemon
4. choose your additions + sides
  • The wraps + salads come with 2 additions each. I usually get roasted corn and coconut rice.
  • Also, do not leave without ordering some sweet plantains.
Lena also serves a variety of freshly squeezed juices each day.

So what do I usually order? A whole wheat burrito with chicken, pico + butter lemon sauce, coconut rice + roasted corn, with a side of sweet plantains + a diet Coke.

Go to Lenanyc.com for more information + to check out a menu. See you at lunch!!

1 comment:

  1. the address is 35th between 5th and 6th !!!!!

    ReplyDelete