Monday, July 4, 2011

We Love Illustration


Happy Fourth from the Big O! We hope your day will be filled with family, friends and of course, food. Speaking of food, post a comment with the best thing you eat today! We'd love to hear about it.

It's hard to believe that exactly one month ago, I graduated from SCAD. Tomorrow will mark my one month anniversary of being in the Big Apple. The verdict: I love it here, but I miss the palm trees. Anyways, my first weekend in New York City I went to the Renegrade Craft Fair in Brooklyn NY. As soon as I saw the first booth, I fell back in love with design. Over the next few weeks, I'll share with you some of the talented artists that I encountered on that day.

First up, cakespy shop based in Seattle, WA. This fun husband + wife couple sells dessert-themed artwork at their gallery, along with indie art. Their tent was filled with fun pastries with cute expressions. The illustrations are playful and the colors are fantastic. The best part? All of their work is also available online at cakespyshop.com. I'm going to pick up something for my friend Liz's baby, Colton, born just yesterday!

Cheers! Have a fun + safe Fourth.

No comments:

Post a Comment